HIINDIA.COM
South Asian Views On Global News - Update 24X7
ELI

T20 World Cup: New Zealand head coach Stead admits future uncertain after early exit

BUY-SELL | HELP WANTED | MATRIMONIAL

Tarouba, June 14 (IANS) New Zealand head coach Gary Stead admitted his future at the helm is uncertain following the Blackcaps’ early exit from the Men’s T20 World Cup. Afghanistan’s win over Papua New Guinea meant they sealed the second spot in Super Eight from Group C, thus ending New Zealand’s run in the tournament.The Black Caps, who were runners-up in the 2021 T20 World Cup, came into the 2024 edition on the back of no warm-up matches and suffering consecutive defeats to Afghanistan and West Indies. Stead has been New Zealand’s coach since 2018 and has still a year left in his contract.”That’s a question you should be asking other people. I can look at myself in the mirror and know that the preparation we tried to put in place has been as good as what’s capable of and all I can do is try and prepare the players to be ready for the games,” said Stead to Radio New Zealand.New Zealand has two Group C games remaining at the Men’s T20 World Cup against Uganda and Papua New Guinea to avoid finishing at the bottom of the points table. “Whilst it may seem that we’re out of it there is still that pride of playing for your country and making sure that we put the effort in that we’re proud of as well.””You can’t control everything in a

Replica of Print on your device!

CLICK & Send us 'hi' for Free Subscription

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept