hi INDiA
South Asian Views On Global News

Indian American Child Dies of Heat Exposure

LOUISVILLE, KY— A three year old Indian American toddler died tragically last month from exposure to heat in an enclosed minivan in Oldham County, the Jefferson County Coroner’s office said, according to an article in Louisville Courier Journal.

The boy, Nishchay Patel, was found unresponsive on August 12th by his parents in the car in the parking lot of the BAPS Hindu Temple in Goshen. They found him around 4:30 p.m. and called for help. He was rushed to Norton Children’s Hospital, where he died around 5:10 p.m.

No charges have been filed.

The death was an accident, according to Deputy Coroner Anthony Wight. It was attributed to hyperthermia from the environmental heat exposure.

Nishchay was the son of Mayank and Lina Patel of Louisville.

You might also like