hi INDiA
News Update 24X7

Del Potro withdraws from Brisbane International

Del_potro20150101133143_l

Canberra, Jan 1:  Former US Open winner Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from the Brisbane International, officials said Thursday, further delaying his return to the court from an injury-blighted 2014.

The Argentine had been scheduled to play in the Jan 4-11 Brisbane event, ahead of defending his title in the Sydney International from January 11-17 in the lead-up to the Australian Open, reports Xinhua.

But Brisbane International officials said del Potro "was forced to withdraw with a persistent left wrist injury".

After winning the US Open in 2009, Del Potro's career was hampered by surgery on his right wrist in 2010 before he fought his way back into the top 10 again.

Photo Credit: en.wikipedia.org

Free WhatsApp News/Events discount

Exclusive special Huge Discounts on Events to our Subscribers ONLY

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time. PRIVACY POLICY

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.