hi INDiA
South Asian Views On Global News - Update 24X7

Fire at complex housing kids’ hospital in Gujarat

Ahmedabad, June 25

A fire broke out on the third floor of a four-storey commercial complex housing a children’s hospital, and 75 persons, including 13 newborns, were rescued from the structure in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad city, an official said.

The blaze was reported at Dev Complex, located near Parimal Garden crossroads in the city, in the afternoon, he said. As many as 75 people, including 13 newborns and their parents from the children’s hospital, were rescued safely from the ground-plus-four storey structure, the official said.

“We received a call around 1.30 pm about a fire breaking out in the server room of an accountancy firm on the third floor of the building opposite the hospital, after which around 20 fire tenders were pressed into service,” Om Jadeja, divisional fire officer at Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services (AFES) said.

Visa-Home Ad

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

gtag('set', {'user_id': 'USER_ID'}); // Set the user ID using signed-in user_id.