hi INDiA
South Asian Views On Global News - Update 24X7
Visa-Home Ad

BJP’s best yet to come: JP Nadda at national executive

Vibha Sharma

Tribune News Service

New Delhi, November 7

Setting the tone for the upcoming Assembly elections in five states, BJP president JP Nadda today laid down ambitious organisational targets for the party cadre and asserted that the saffron outfit’s best was yet to come.

UP CM Yogi Adityanath with Home Minister Amit Shah. Tribune Photo

Addressing the party’s national executive, Nadda said the BJP had constituted booth-level committees for 85 per cent of the 10.40 lakh booths across the country and the remaining 15 per cent would be covered by December 25. He said the BJP would also constitute ‘panna’ (page) committees on the lines of Gujarat, the work for which would be finished by April 2022.

In his valedictory speech, Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked the BJP workers to become a “bridge of faith between the party and the common man”. He expressed hope the BJP would win the trust of the people in the five poll-bound states—Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur.

Significantly, the meeting saw UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath propose the party’s resolution that hailed “PM Modi’s leadership for India’s position at COP26 in Glasgow, Covid management, vaccination programme, corruption-free governance, welfare and development works and pro-farmer steps”. “Under PM Modi’s leadership, an atmosphere of safety, peace and prosperity has been created in Jammu and Kashmir,” it said. Moving the resolution has placed Adityanath in the top league of the BJP leadership. In the past, senior leaders like Rajnath Singh have proposed the resolution. In fact, Adityanath, like other BJP chief ministers, was supposed to attend the meeting virtually from Lucknow. However, to everyone’s surprise, he was present at the venue, a move that indicated the Prime Minister’s support and his place in the party’s hierarchy.

The resolution also slammed the Opposition parties for their “opportunist” politics, accusing them of trying to derail India’s vaccination programme. “They were not to be seen on the streets during Covid, but did everything to create confusion on Twitter,” Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said while briefing about the 18-point resolution.

As many as 342 members registered digitally for the meeting, the first since Covid outbreak. Veteran leaders Lal Krishna Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi attended the meeting virtually.

The BJP leaders were given books on India’s position at COP26, its economy and the vaccination programme.

Visa-Home Ad
gtag('set', {'user_id': 'USER_ID'}); // Set the user ID using signed-in user_id.