hi INDiA
South Asian Views On Global News - Update 24X7

Bengal doubles shuttler electrocuted

Badminton220181126220435_l

Kolkata, Nov 26: Bengal's number one ranked doubles badminton player Trinankur Nag was electrocuted at his workplace in Sealdah two days back and died on Monday here, officials said.

He suffered severe burn injuries while working in a railway car shed, an Eastern Railway spokesman said.

According to officials of the West Bengal Badminton Association, Nag, 26, came in contact with a high tension overhead electrical wire.

He is survived by his parents and lived in Nagerbazar area of North Kolkata.

Nag was a member of the U-19 Indian team during a coaching camp-cum-tournament in Mauritius back in July 2011.

Visa-Home Ad

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

gtag('set', {'user_id': 'USER_ID'}); // Set the user ID using signed-in user_id.